Broadwater Elementary School
Broadwater Elementary School
900 Hollins Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
Main phone: 406.324.1130
Principal: Ms. Sue Sweeney
Secretary: Ms. Karen Lorenz
Grades: K - 5
Broadwater Temperature Guidelines
Above 10 degrees--no restrictions
10 degrees to zero--duration of recess may be limited and announced
zero or below zero--indoor recess
Wind chill factor is considered in determining outdoor recess.
Broadwater uses a weather station located at the school as the source of information used to determine temperature decisions at Broadwater School.
Broadwater Mission Statement
We, the staff, students, and parents of Broadwater School believe that all students are individual learners with strengths to build upon. Our goal is for students to reach their highest potential within a child-centered, safe, and respectful environment. We believe students deserve the highest quality instruction delivered in a variety of ways; that successful, responsible students develop into successful, responsible adults; and that parents, students, staff, and the community share in the educational process.
Keeping Kids Healthy!
With school back in session and the weather getting cooler, the opportunity for germs to spread and cause illness is increasing. There are a number of things parents can do to help keep their children healthy and in school:
· Remind your children to frequently wash their hands; before they eat, after they have recess and after they use the bathroom. Proper hand washing is the single most important behavior in preventing the transmission of many infectious diseases
· Avoid close contact with children and adults who are showing signs of illness
· Check with your health care practitioner about immunizations for those diseases that can be prevented with vaccination ie: Influenza and Chicken Pox
· Remind your student to cough into his elbow or shoulder
In addition, to help keep our school community healthy please keep your student home if:
· S/He has a fever of 100 degrees or over
· S/He appears ill and you suspect it may interfere with his ability to be an active learner ie: s/he is coughing repeatedly
· S/He has nausea and vomiting, cramping or diarrhea
If you have questions or concerns about school health, please feel free to contact our school nurse, Shannon McNamee RN, at 422-7013 Keepingkidshealthy.pdf (41.4 KB)
Broadwater Parent Engagement Survey
As a Title I school, we are required to do a needs assessment each year to identify what parents and families feel they need to be engaged in their student's learning both at the school and more importantly at home. Please complete the survey below to share your ideas about how the school can assist you in fulfilling your role as an equal partner with us in your student's education. We value your feedback!
Parent Engagement Survey
2013-14 Climate Surveys
Climate Survey Results
BroadwaterParentSurveyPublic2013-14.pdf (176.5 KB)
Fall Report 2010 FallReport20101..pdf (173.4 KB)
Fall Report 2010
page 2 of Fall Report FallReportpg2.2.pdf (173.1 KB)
Facility Assessment BroadwaterFACILITYASSESSMENT.pdf (1475.7 KB)